Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm missing her so much

Thank you all.  Gracie is gaining quickly and smoothly.  She was "talking" to her momma in this photo.  ❤️   Hopefully she will get to 5 lbs soon and finally be able to come home.  

Butch

happy Mother's Day to everyone.  It's hard in many ways.  

• Upvote 6

Butch, we are rooting with you for Gracie!

• Upvote 4

I had a couple of days that was not so terribly bad, and I am thankful.  Alas the grief and loneliness is returning.  Went to church this Mother's day and thought of my mother, her mother and her.  Thankful that they are in a better place and without pain, but I still cry and wish for the day that I will join them.

Happy Mother's day to all the Mothers on this forum.

Love and prayers,

Bill

• Upvote 4

Bill, about 53 years ago today I was given a red carnation corsage for being the youngest mother in our church.  A long time ago.  I might not remember what I was doing five minutes ago, but thank goodness I still have my early memories.  I hope if I get Alzheimer's or dementia that I will find myself back in the 1960's and 1970's.  At least some of them.  

• Upvote 2

Gracie may be able to FINALLY come home to our family next week the way she is gaining weight!  ❤️:wub:.  I can't thank you ALL for your thoughts and prayers for my little granddaughter.  :wub:

• Upvote 5

Butch, that is such good news.  In all of this though, I know your son was in some sort of accident.  How is he doing?  Is he in rehab?  Does he have more surgery to go through.  We are over the moon with the good news of Gracie.  Hope your son is doing great also.  Prayers with you.

• Upvote 2

Thank you.  

Allen was in a car accident where a drunk side swiped him and he broke both his hip and leg.  He's had surgery on both.  He's still in PT for both but more for his hip.  He's always going to have hip issues sadly.  But there have been charges against the young man who was driving drunk and in time there will be a decent amount of money coming for medical bills and injuries.  I just thank god my son wasn't taken from me.  

• Upvote 3

I love, love, love that picture of Gracie. I am just waiting for the email that tells us that Gracie is finally home. Love to everyone, Butch. :wub:

Prayers will continue.

Anne

• Upvote 3

SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS NEWS!

72animatedcongratspurplefuzzy.gif

• Upvote 2

Soon, Butch, very soon!

• Upvote 2

Butch this is what can happen with faith and trust. Pictured below is my granddaughter who graduates from kindergarten today. She is one of triplet sisters who who were born at twenty eight weeks. This little girl is Angela who struggled born at 1 lb 10 oz and stayed in the hospital long after her triplet sisters went home. She was a fighter and now the most athletic of them all.  There is something very special about children who struggle to make it. They often impress the world. Gracie will too.

By the way. You have to be very special to get to wear Kathy's flower in your hair.

Angela with flower.jpg

• Upvote 7

She is special.  Our youngest granddaughter was adopted at birth.  Only, she was over 9 pounds..  If this is one of triplets then you are triple blessed.  We raised our granddaughter, and like I said, she was Billy's heart.  He was her only Nanny, she called him "Dade" and that is how she spelled it.  The only daddy she ever knew.  She sticks close to me and I don't want to let her go.  Those grandbabies are so special.  

• Upvote 5

Your'e right Marge. Grandchildren can be a joy in our lives when little sun gets through. Kathy died when they were two so they provide me my "happy fix" every time I need it, one more reason I am still standing today.  

I did just edit the post because my son corrected me about her weight. 1 lb 10 instead of 1 lb 6.

• Upvote 4

Look who tested out her car seat today.  She fits.  She still has a few more ounces to go and pass some tests before discharge but praying for homecoming next week.  :wub:.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I bet you ARE excited!  Can't wait!

• Upvote 4