Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm missing her so much

Today was a remarkably emotional day.  Gracie is home after two and a half months.  She is 5lbs3oz.   Her mommy daddy and big brothers are so happy.  And this Grampy is over the moon.  She fits in here at home like she's always been here.  It's bittersweet without Mary.  She would be beyond over the moon with glee.  Gracie is as snug as a bug in a rug. No more NICU and Drs 24/7.  Home now and doing well.  

Gracie wants to thanks all of you who have prayed for her all these weeks and cheered her on.  :wub:

Allen and Katie thank you too.  And I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

Butch

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Little Gracie sure showed herself to be a real fighter! So happy she's home now. I know everyone here at the forum has been pulling for her and this is awesome news.

That's a great picture of her wrapped up snug as a bug in her car seat.

• Upvote 3

Oh Butch, This post makes me so happy!  I can't wait to share with my prayer group!  She is so beautiful and looks very content and doted on.  I'm sure you'll be doing your share of the holding!

• Upvote 3

Butch, that is wonderful news!  I'm so happy for her and you and your family.  I'm sure Mary is there in her own way too and happy that she finally made it home.  Will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Joyce

• Upvote 4

It's been very blissful having little Gracie home.  Katie is tired from waking every two to three hrs to feed her.  But she loves it.  Allen is feeding her too since she's on formula.  The boys love their baby sister so much.  

Gracie was moving and babbling when Katie took this photo in her swing.  :wub::wub: She may not look content but she was.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 6

Butch,

I can't believe how she's filled out in her face!  Babbling and moving is good!

• Upvote 2

Gracie had her first outpatient checkup.  She still is 5lbs3oz so she hasn't gained any since being discharged Sunday.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

But she isn't losing either, and that is good!  I weighed 4 lbs when I was discharged from the hospital, they didn't want to but they were out of $ and needed to get home.  It was a different time back then.

Gracie bear is back in the hospital.  She refuses to eat.  They are running some tests.  She's got a very high pitched cry of pain as well.  :(

will update when I know more and hear from the kids.  

Butch 

Butch, I'm sorry to hear it, I hope you will keep us posted!  Some type of blockage maybe??  She's in my prayers (all of you too!)

I've seen this before. I'm hoping it won't be serious Butch. My granddaughter lost weight before she started gaining it back. Gracie is in our thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 1