Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I've safely arrived in FL.  I'm sleeping a lot. Going to the beach in the evenings as it is too hot during the daytime hours.  I'm doing a lot of writing to my Mary.  Maybe just maybe she knows what I'm saying.  At the beach I came across a set of footprints in the sand and there was no one near them. I asked myself if this is a sign.  image.jpegimage.jpeg

i miss Allen Katie and my Dad and the grandkids.  I received this photo of Gracie girl in matching Michigan football jerseys with her Daddy. :wub:image.jpeg

they are ready for the season when it arrives.  

I'm going to take a nap again.  I'm napping a lot.  Which I really need.  

Prayers to everyone here.  

Love,

Butch

• Upvote 5

I'm glad for you too Butch. Mary is there. You can count on it.

• Upvote 4

Thank you all

im leaving FL on Monday for my drive back to CT.  I'm dealing with a lot of difficult feelings.  Guilt.  Regret.  Pain.  But I miss my family so I'm headed home next week.  Mary is indeed with me here.  But my heart hurts.  I wish our missing loved ones could heal our hearts.  My heart hurts so bad sometimes that I just want to crawl out of my skin.  My chest aches.  

:(

• Upvote 3

Drive carefully, Butch.  If you feel like letting the tears flow, pull over for a break.  I know your pain, I want you to get back safely to your family.

• Upvote 2

Enjoy the weekend Butch. Hope you have a safe trip home.

Nicole and I are leaving in the morning for the beach. We will have tomorrow to ourselves. My older daughter and husband plus 3 of my sisters, brother in law and my oldest sisters grand daughter will arrive on Sunday. I'm excited but also my heart is aching at the same time. Richard loved our vacations. He looked forward to spending that time with us. I'm also nervous about making the drive. Richard always drove us. Not sure why I'm nervous because I have made many trips by myself.

• Upvote 2

Take care Butch.  I wish our loved ones could help more with the pain of grief too.

I hope you are going home for yourself not just to take care of your family.  Give them a chance to take care of you to show you how much they love and appreciate you.

You are in my thoughts.

Marita

• Upvote 2

I'm passing on a message from Butch:

Am staying the night in VA and doing rest of drive tomorrow.  

I've decided to take a break from the forum. Not because of anyone.  But simply because I am out of words.  For anyone and for myself.  And I just want to get home and enjoy watching my family.  I will be seeing my therapist more regularly.  I don't know what to say to everyone in the forum.  You can just copy this message on if you want.  My love goes out to everyone there.  

• Upvote 2

Butch is just taking a break, not leaving permanently, he's dealing with a lot of emotion right now.  

I wish I had a way to contact Brad, but alas I didn't know he was leaving and didn't even get to say what he meant to me or that I wish him well. :(

• Upvote 3

M GO BLUE!!!!  Butch, I hope you are enjoying my adopted state.....and, yes, the heat here is nigh unto unbearable at times! I think I will enjoy the cooler Michigan summers when I move back up there.....although the winters will make me shudder!

• Upvote 2

Thank you all. 

No worriees. I'm just take a break.  I'm not getting rid of account or never coming back.  I just need some time.  How could I leave for good?  Not with the bond we all share.  Plus Gracie girl is the forums baby.  

I missed what happened with Brad.  But am saddened he is gone.  Maybe he just needs time and one day will come back.  I will pray for that.  

I'm in NJ on my way home to CT from FL. I should be home in a few hours though traffic is horrible.  

I missed the boys.  And I missed Gracie's first try at solids.  She got more peas on her face than in her mouth.  

I miss my family and can't wait to see them again.  

Take care everyone. Much love. 

Butch

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 5

So nice to hear from you, Butch. Drive safely and get home to your precious family. That's one of the benefits of getting away ~ giving yourself time and space to begin to miss everyone back home! And giving them all time and space to miss you, too! (Can you just imagine Gracie girl's reaction when she sees you again?!)

• Upvote 3

I love the pictures, Butch!
You take whatever time you need and proceed with your grief the best way for YOU, we'll be here when you check in.  We're all thinking of your family and continue to keep you in prayer.

• Upvote 4

Butch is spending his time spoiling his Gracie...gracie.jpg

• Upvote 2