Patty65

Simultaneous Grief and Love

29 posts in this topic

As I write this Patty is half way across the pond heading back to Maui to start loading the pod to ship the restaurant and her house to Scottsdale. She made it through her daughters graduation which I was blessed with the chance to see. I met her daughter for the first time. Ron had paid for her college education and I know it hurt Patty for him not to be there to see but I think he was and I bet he did see. He was proud as heck. I am certain of that. Now comes the next hard part which is the dismantling of home and business.  I know this will be a difficult time as well but by mid August it and she will be calling this place home. Of course I didn't tell her much about the heat. It's supposed to reach 120 by Wednesday but who can tell right? In four weeks we will be married on a beach in Maui and that is like a dream come true...........a dream neither of us had, wanted, or expected but it happened just the same. I know all of this happened for a reason, a reason bigger than ourselves. 

graduation.jpg

Image result for wishing you every happiness

Sending blessings to both of you, dear Steve, for recognizing and appreciating your love for each other ~ and wishing you every happiness 

4 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

... In four weeks we will be married on a beach in Maui and that is like a dream come true...........a dream neither of us had, wanted, or expected but it happened just the same. I know all of this happened for a reason, a reason bigger than ourselves. 

Blessing and peace Steve & Patty.  - Shalom:wub:

This will be a bittersweet time for Patty, so much happening at once.  I don't know the weather in Maui but I've lived in Phoenix, it's HOT.  It must have been very poignant to see her daughter graduate, I know how I felt when my son did.  It's hard not having that person there to watch with you.  Good luck on all of the impending moving!