Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank You For Your Support...

The last 1 1/2 years have been among my toughest...I really don't know what I'd do without you guys. On top of losing my husband, I lost my job 5 1/2 months ago and in two weeks, my unemployment runs out and I'm broke. I've been struggling to hang on to the home I raised my kids in, enjoyed my years with George in, the very place I want to scatter his ashes...his "home on the mountain" as he always called it, the place he spent the happiest years of his life. I think you see why it's so important to me. This is the place I find comfort and solace.

This week I have had three job interviews and I have another one tomorrow...all at different places. There is one place in particular that I am hoping will hire me. I know some of you are praying for me...please continue. I have applied for about 250 jobs so one of them has to pan out soon. Everyone says how great my qualifications are...I just need ONE of them to HIRE me! ;)

Our continual support and prayers for each other is what keeps us going...you guys are God's work in my life. Thank you, I love you!

Edited by kayc

kayc:

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that the job you really want will have an interviewer who will see what an asset you would be to their company. Keep on trying, and don't give up!

Why type of work do you do?

Take care,

Kim :)

KayC,

Im sure many people here want to thank you too for your help. Thank YOU. :) I pray things go your way. I think losing our spouses makes us stronger and more determined people. I especially think that about you. I will pray for you KayC. I cant beleive how many interviews you have had. You are stronger than me. I think I would walk into the interview screaming HIRE ME. One of these employers has to be smart enough to Know a good employee when they see one. Take care KayC and may God be Bless you and be with you.

Kayc

Thank you for all the times you answered me and gave me hope. i will be praying for you. i will pray to St.Jude for you he the patron saint of desperate cases. yours is desperate right now. i want you to be able to find a job and stay in your home where you belong. i will be praying. and once again thank you for being my friend. Lori

Kayc,

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and hoping that some good fortune will grace your life. You and I are on just about the same time line with our greif - and your struggle has been made more difficult by the loss of your job. So many of us are pulling for you - perhaps all our positive thoughts and prayers will make the difference as you approach these upcoming interviews. We are all with you - just as much as if we were sitting right beside you.

Take care my dear freind,

John - Dusky is may handle on here

Love you Jack

Kim, I'm an Office Mgr. and Bookkeeper, I have been for over 30 years. I've done just about everything there is to do in an office...my resume looks real impressive. I've been in charge of Safety, written policy manuals, supervised, trained, hired, fired, handled budgets, financial planning, you name it. I think people haven't hired me for five main reasons, I don't have a college degree, they worry about my commuting affecting my performance (even though in 30 years I've never called in sick), my age, my salary requirements, or they think I'm overqualified and will leave for another job. It's annoying, I've worked my jobs for long terms, and age should be a plus instead of a minus, and I can't afford to go to college...shoot, I can't even afford a gallon of milk right now! Besides, I could TEACH the college courses! I have excellent references, if they'd just call them. I never in my life thought I'd have this hard of a time. But I know something has to break soon, I've certainly been giving it my best.

Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes. I like that...praying to the saint of desperation...I guess that's where I'm at okay. ;)

Edited by kayc

KayC,

You really deserve to get the job, and as you said, you have applied to so many that one must give a yes to you. You are such a good person, a huge support to all of us too, we all pray that you may get a job, God will listen to our prayers, I'm sure. You are a wonderful lady !

Send you hugs and tons of blessings!

Gaby

I GOT A JOB!!!!

I went for yet another interview Friday evening and Saturday they called me and wanted me to start this morning. I have to get up in 6 1/2 hours...it's a long day with the commute. It wasn't the other place I'd been hoping for, but it's a nice place, I like the people, and it'll be a challenge. The pay is less than I was making and I lose a lot commuting, but it sure beats unemployment...or worse yet, nothing. With time, I'm sure they'll give me a raise, I intend to earn it!

Thank you to all of you for your support and prayers...this was a very stressful time to go through. Today I unpacked my office stuff and I picked up a frame that had me and George's wedding picture in it...I had to put it away, it's just too painful to look at...we were so incredibly happy, you should see it. Just looking at it brings back memories of a life I can barely stand to remember. We loved each other so much and it never goes away, no matter what. It was rare and it was precious. I was lucky to have it, even for a short time in my life...I only had him 6 1/2 years. His arms felt like the safest place to be in the world...I still miss that. It felt sad to not be able to tell him I got a job, he would have been so proud of me. He was always my biggest fan and cheerleader. I love you, George.

Edited by kayc

Kay C,

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. It brings tears to my eyes when you say his arms were the safest pace to be in the world. I miss that too. My Jason was my rock and the lonliness is so horrible. I know George is still your cheerleader and I am sure he is cheering for you right now. Take care and Good luck at your new job. :)

Thank you, all of you, for your kind words. It's true, I DO have something to be thankful about...now I can stay in my home. I say that with feelings of happiness for myself, but tears for all of those who haven't been able to. It's very hard to have to move when you've already had so much to deal with. Also, my son is bringing home a truck that he feels will be much more useful than the one I had, and it's easier for him to work on and the gas mileage isn't much different, it has a much bigger engine, so we'll sell the one I had and the difference can help cushion the hard times. Now I just need to learn to drive it...you have to get out and manually lock the hubs (for 4 wheel drive). That's okay, I've chained up enough times. We're supposed to get snow this weekend. I hope you are all home safe and surrounded by some loved ones! God bless you and be close to you.

OH KAYC..GOD DOES LISTEN...I AM TRUELY HAPPY FOR YOU. YOUR NEWS IS A GOOD WAY TO START THIS THANKSGIVING DAY. I FOUND THE OOURAGE TO MAKE MY OWN ARRANGEMENTS AND FLY TO MY SON'S HOME FOR THANKSGIVING. IT'S ANOTHER STEP FORWARD.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL HERE WHO HAVE WALKED ALONG SIDE OF ME AND HELD ME UP WHEN I COULD NOT STAND..DID NOT WANT TO GO ON. TO EVERYONE NEW..NO ONE IS ALONE HERE.

ALWAYS GENE!

ALWAYS!

Evelyn, I'm glad you will be with your son...to everyone here, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!