Grief Healing Discussion Groups

His birthday today, these "firsts" hurt!

Your Connor is very handsome.  This day is a hard one, both being without him, and going through all of the emotions that hit today.  Where on earth did you find a card so perfect?!  Maybe you can read it aloud to him, who knows, maybe he can hear you.

(((hugs)))

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kayc said:

Your Connor is very handsome.  This day is a hard one, both being without him, and going through all of the emotions that hit today.  Where on earth did you find a card so perfect?!  Maybe you can read it aloud to him, who knows, maybe he can hear you.

(((hugs)))

Thank you, Kay.....I did read it to him....it said what was in my heart!  And yes, my Connor is very handsome....it was a bit intimidating for me that he was....and also 7 years younger than I am.  He thought me beautiful, and the age difference was irrelevant to him....I am so very thankful that I took the leap of faith to believe in him, in "us".....he will forever be my soulmate, in this world, and in the next, I am certain! 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Patty65 said:

((((hugs)))) WolfsKat.  We are all here with you today. I hope you can feel that.

Thank you, Patty......I think my family/friends weary of my continued grief, they just don't "get it".....you all do. Thanks to all of you, you've been such a blessing to me!

• Upvote 3

I'm glad you had the day off too. I know we all grieve differently but that first birthday of Kathy's, well that was a killer. It was far worse than the anniversary of her death. Maybe because it always was a day that you would make it special for them. You put some work into it huh? You planned and shopped and wrapped and cooked. You don't do that stuff on the day you said goodbye. Today however I celebrate her birthday with much more happiness in my heart. I see it like you are saying Gwen. I now celebrate the day she was born and from that day forward working her way to find me. I hope that day finds you next year Wolfskat.

Thanks for sharing his picture. I see a kindness in his face.

• Upvote 6