Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Healing and growth after Shock and AWE

Smoke coming down from Western Alberta and BC....Town of Edson (7500) evacuated yesterday, but rain and cool temps in the forecast tomorrow....Lo of 45F hi 70F.........On the personal side , I pulled something in my back, slowing me down some.....Lifting something awkwardly....Happened Friday, this my third day of doing very little, and feeling better...

• Like 1

I'm sorry you pulled your muscles, I have one I tweaked two months ago, still feel it, aww, old age! :D
Praying about your fires and all the smoke!

• Like 1

Had an unexpected visitor on the week end...My Daughter who is a drug addict and as a result suffers from Schizophrenia, surprised us with a visit to see her daughter...On egg shells all week(4 days), when we made it clear no drugs she said its like being in Jail......Gave her a ride to highway(40 miles), $100, and she left.....The rest of the story is she has an Assault charge to appear in court by months end...She is a violent young lady ,who is 40 years old ,who refuses to stay on her Meds... 

• Sad 3

I'm so sorry, Kevin. How I wish we had a more effective and compassionate approach to mental health care in this country. Families like yours have nowhere to turn when one of their own is in such desperate need of intervention and protection. Your daughter is suffering, you and your family are suffering, and who knows who else may be at risk from whatever dangerous behavior she may engage in. At the very least, can you alert the physician who prescribes her meds, in hopes of obtaining some professional guidance here? I cannot imagine the anxiety and stress this is causing you . . . 🧡 

• Like 2

I am so sorry, Kevin, you are going through this.  I totally support Marty's recommendations, I know this has to be way hard on you and your wife.  We can't control what the other person does, only our response to it.  :wub:

• Like 1

Kevin, I think the drugs must make them schizophrenic.  My grandson, the same way.  He wants to move in with his dad and grow pot.  That was the last we heard from him (awhile back).  His dad does not grow pot, I think it is illegal in Louisiana.  He writes gibberish sometimes, if we hear from him.  His dad is just quiet about it.  He has been to California more than once to try to bring him to rehab.  He did go to rehab, came out talking our English language, but letting us know that the "clean" life was one he was not going to live.  He prefers the drugs.  No where can we lock them all up and "keep" them.  My heart is with you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wow, I looked it up, Louisiana's laws are strict, he'd have to come to OR for that, but here there's someone on every corner it seems either growing or selling it so it's a glutted market and pretty hard to make a living at it unless you know what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the physical "locking up" and my detox even  allowed light beer.....But the Police did talk to me about unlawful confinement, someone called the Police.....Unless there is a medical court order they can do all the drugs they want, the law says you can't traffic drugs or possess drugs.....but you can blast and Fry your brains....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2023 at 5:30 AM, kayc said:

unless you know what you are doing.

No self respecting green plant would live with me.  "Weed" or anything else.  

2 hours ago, kevin said:

Chrystal Meth definitely brings on Paranoia...Old druggie told new drugs way more potent than 10- 15 years back...Whether its Fetanyl or Heroin, it is different..

Kevin, my grandson is back in jail/prison.  Fentanyl will kill them fast.  It is cheap and they add it more to the other drugs because it is supposedly cheap.  That is probably why they keep calling them "accidental OD."  Problem with my grandson and prison is he is very handsome and also beat down and quickly becomes someone's girlfriend in prison.  They have lost all reason though.  His dad stays depressed all the time.  As a former addict, he knows that his own dad and his opinion got him off drugs.  We gave up our RVing lifestyle to save him and it was worth it 100%.  He did all the work, we just gave him a soft place to land, and he wanted to please his dad.  We had to move a couple hundred miles from his drug sources, and he stayed inside.  Then came the bad treatment, one full year, of his hepatitis C meds.  His liver was failing.  He snores and it was the most beautiful sound, just because I knew he lived another day.  

• Sad 2

Kevin, if she is in your house you can keep her off of it or she needs to go.  The hardest thing in the world! I do not envy you any, I'm so sorry for all you are going through.  Prayers!

• Like 1

Latest update has my Daughter a no show for court, but rumour has it she pulled the fire alarm at the Courthouse....Lady at the court tells me their is a Bench warrant issued for her arrest...It will do her good once this is resolved.....

• Sad 4

I'm so sorry, Kevin.

• 3 months later...

Life Update:

On August 22nd I had a tooth extraction that developed a dry socket. Intense pain for two weeks. It took six weeks for it to heal and I finally got approval to get my much-delayed hernia surgery. It will be outpatient, on November 7th. Surgery time is expected 2.5 hours. I have been preparing and planning for this for a while. The surgery was delayed for several years because of the Pandemic.  I'm looking forward to healing and recovery. I am still working full-time professionally cleaning homes. And trying to take some time out to just enjoy the day. It's been over eight and a half years since my beloved wife, Rose Anne, died. Life keeps marching forward... one day at a time. I'm thankful to be able to help others with their Diabetes/metabolic issues, and people dealing with Grief and Healing. I so appreciate our community here and how we are able to listen, share, and support each other. Shalom(Peace)

• Like 6

So sorry, George. That must have been awful. Extraction aftermath is bad enough without that. Fortunately, I never experienced a dry socket. In the midst of waiting on my dentures now. Will be nice to eat again someday.

Hope your surgery goes smoothly and you have someone nearby to give you a hand afterwards.

• Like 3

I did experience dry socket following an extraction but don't recall it lasting more than 2+ weeks, it could be my memory fading though, it's been a number of years...

Drop in here any time, George, I usually check here every day, even if no one has been here I like to check.

• Like 2

Same here.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Life update: my hernia surgery was performed on November 7th as an outpatient. There was some issue with the anesthesia given as my oxygen levels kept dropping down to 85%. The recovery went fairly well with just a few hiccups. The swelling from the scrotal hernia has reduced to about half the size as before. I am told it may take a while to return to normal. The most interesting beneficial side effect of this surgery is that my appetite is about half of what it used to be. The hunger signals are much diminished and I am still slowly slimming down. I just managed to get over a cold/flu this week that is traveling around.  Shalom(Peace).

• Like 2

I was hoping you would have no problems with it at all.  I guess we all fall into something as we get older.  Certainly, the road is full of ruts.  Just showering one of my ears would not unstop.  I withstood it (and aggravated it) for three days before going to the urgent care clinic.  Only happened once before.  Did not get it infected, thank goodness.  Just not being able to hear out of one ear made me think of my good friend who is deaf now.  Take care of yourself George, sometimes we are the only ones we can depend on.  My family stays sicker than me most of the time.  They have to take me in January for the dreaded cataract surgery.  After you have had so much wrong with you in younger years, I don't want to be touched.  Was glad to have the ear unstopped anyhow.  Keep us updated George.  I know you cannot lift heavy stuff for a while, so please be careful.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

And to you also, George! I just gave Kodie a new toy and Panther, a catnip toy, he's playing with it on the patio.

• Like 1