Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Healing and growth after Shock and AWE

• 2 months later...

Thirty-five years ago today, I met Rose Anne... Sweet memory.  Shalom(Peace)

• Like 5
  • Like Copy 1

Hoping the good memories carry you through...I know May is rough.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today is my Birthday. This is the ninth one since Rose Anne died.  Time marches on.  My friend invited me out for dinner last evening and my sister tomorrow. I am thankful I am still able to work and keep up my home. I count my blessings each day. Keep on keeping on. Shalom (Peace be with you)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy Birthday, and I hope you enjoy your time not only last night but tonight also!  In my family we celebrate all month...now there's no one to celebrate with!  Glad you still have a friend that thinks of you!

Marg, how DID you do that on the balloons, so cool!

I've become the Grinch on celebrating anything.  My maternal grandmother was the same way.  She didn't want for anything, would recycle gifts given to her for Mother's Day, birthdays, Christmas, except clothes, and if she could, she would have recycled clothes too.  At Christmas, it was not uncommon for one of the sisters to say "I gave this to Mama for Mother's Day.  She was not in any kind of celebratory mood after my grandfather passed away.  I do not like to find cards from years past that Billy gave me.  He would shop for cards for the words and then would underline them.  So, I just cannot celebrate things because he was our forever kid, that is why we called him "Billy the Kid."  Anyhow, the starch is taken out of any holiday.  I really should not be that way, but sometimes it is hard to pretend.  "Pretend your happy when your blue, it isn't very hard to do."  Remembering Nat King Cole, I believe.  Not googling it.  But, I do not wish my grinchiness on anyone else.  

That might be an interesting "tip" if you could share it.  My father-in-law used to jump out of bed and dance around, a very skinny man.  Then my husband had them, not as bad, but my son has them too.  

• Like 1

Was it the magnesium flakes in water, sprayed on?

Leg cramps can be caused by low potassium, magnesium, or calcium, a result of frequent urination due to BP meds that a lot of us "older" folks take. I take three and visit the bathroom often. I have gotten cramps in my arches and toes for many years. Wakes you right up for sure.

• Like 2

For some reason my primary physician sees me every four months.  He takes blood work, listens in many places to my heart.  Wants me to take the propranolol which my ruptured colon will not tolerate, at all.  Plus, one side effect is depression.  I'm used to being depressed, but the other side effect would never allow me out of the house.  No leg cramps.  The seat belt and air bag in the wreck did a terrible job to my right chest.  The woman that saw me had nursed her children too, and told me what to watch for.  She wanted to ultrasound me but after three hours waiting in the ER, the radiology staff had gone home.  Urgent care would not see injuries caused by  car wrecks and there is a sign in my doctor's office saying they did not treat auto accidents, so my only choice was ER.  Some swelling gone down.  I love the colors red and purple, but mixed together they form a horrible color on your skin and stria.  Plus now, deep yellow has been included.  She told me I would have some green too.  I sure miss Billy in times like this.  He took care of me like he was my nurse.  He had that talent and probably should have been a nurse.  

• Like 2

You know, if I was even in my 50's and 60's this would not be so bad, but there are things I have to watch for now that I didn't worry about then.  So far I'm okay, just bruised.  And that is all that I hope is wrong but I kind of get PTSD thinking about driving again.  I get my renter car Tuesday, but it won't be my small one.  It will be a sedan.  I don't like sedans.  

• Like 1

Just drive with caution, go slow, you'll be okay. When I got my Mercury Grand Marquis LS, I had been used to small Civics, I had to slow way down, allow more stopping time and space, but I loved my Mercury, then the valves went bad, back to Hondas again.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're going through all the colors of the rainbow with your bruising, not the colors that concern me but the pain? Can take a long while to heal. It's so annoying everyone is so afraid of getting involved in a suit they won't do their job. :angry: I went through that with my fall at the vet in 2017, I suffered alone trying to heal, ended up with permanent injuries. The company put a PI on it! It was horrible. I was shocked that my own doctor refused to see me, that after making an appointment and driving 55 miles to see her, 55 miles back home.:angry2:

Yes, I just called my primary, just for my own feelings.  Did not asked to be seen.  There is pain, but I am still applying ice packs.  I've always had a small car.  I need 40 acres to turn those sedans around.  

• Like 1

Did your PCP reply?

Have you talked to your insurance about getting a different rental? Might have something small in by now.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know they made a low carb gatorade, will have to look into that! (for Electrolytes?) He got me onto the magnesium (oral and topical).  Glad it's helping you!

My friend in PA is getting lots of smoke from Canada, East side, is there any in the West?