Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Healing and growth after Shock and AWE

Happy Anniversary, Rose Anne,

32 years ago. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. I cherish every day with you. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

Happy Anniversary, Rose Anne,

32 years ago. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. I cherish every day with you. - Shalom (Peace)

Thoughts go out to you on your day of remembrance of Rose Anne. Dee

• Like 4

So long ago but never forgotten...:wub: can seem both yesterday and forever at the same time.  (((hugs)))

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My sister has Covid. She is vaccinated and planned to get the booster this week.  She has moderate symptoms that are being managed with medications and rest.  Thankfully, her symptoms are weakness, congestion, and tiredness.  Our Christmas gathering is postponed for now. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 6

Your sister is in my prayers.

• Like 2

I love this!  :wub:  Fox come through my backyard all the time.  Once in a while one chooses to go up my 40 foot enclosed ramp to the end of my 30 1/2' patio and leave his "deposit."  Not sure if that's complimentary, but I always know when he's been here!

Rainbows are also special to me.  When my George died, there was a tremendous thunder and lightening storm!!  I thought he'd have gotten a kick out of it, knowing he made an uproar when he graced heaven!  ;)  At the same time there was a triple rainbow, my sister got it on camera, but one was so faint it didn't show.  After he died I remember praying for a sign he was with me...on my way to church there was a double rainbow.  

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

My sister is stable and slowly healing. She is getting plenty of rest. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas! - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 4
  • Like Copy 1

George, I'm glad to hear it!  Wishing you a blessed Christmas, even if it's spent alone.:wub:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago, I had severe cold symptoms (Omicron). I have not been sick in three years. I was ill for a couple of days and back to work. I have some lingering sinus/congestion which is almost resolved. One of my friends just died from complications of Covid last Wednesday. He had some other health issues. His wife found him in the hallway when she woke up. This has triggered all the memories of when I discovered my wife died when I returned home from work. It has been almost seven years but it is still fresh. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

My heart is truly with you, George.  No matter the years, the pain can be reignited to full blast in a heartbeat.  I react much differently to hearing about death in my 7 years.  I hope you keep feeling better physically.  🌸

• Like 5

Illness plays havoc with our life.  It is no good to live in fear, but that is how I live.  I try to have my papers in order and things taken care of, but some things my kids will have to take care of.  I suppose it won't bother me then.  I really am Eeyore.  I feel like him.  Kinda favor him.

eeyore.jpg

• Like 4

I’ve been trying to have things In the best order I can.  There are a couple of changes I’d like to make.  May get to them, may not.  Hope I do.  If not, I’m not going to stress about it.  We do the best we can.  I’ve thoughts of changes for my assets a few times.  Hard to keep up with over the years.  I wish handwritten changes worked.  All would involve our lawyer.  I’ve always liked Eeyore, even when I was happy.  Maybe I was catching a glimpse of my future and didn’t know it. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

This has triggered all the memories of when I discovered my wife died when I returned home from work.

I am so sorry this has brought all of that up to you afresh.  It can do that, for sure.  

Praying for you, George. :wub:k
"Other losses could trigger your grief again."  https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-information/advanced-cancer/grief/how-long-will-it-last/triggers-for-your-grief/

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Happy heavenly birthday my beloved Rose Anne. It is seven years since God called you home.  I look forward to the day when we are reunited. I continue to press forward towards the mark set before me. I love you. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Checking in... Time marches on!

I'm fortunate to be able to continue work professionally cleaning homes and businesses for over 24 years. I believe the physical aspects of my career have improved my health. I continue to follow a very low-carb lifestyle for almost five years. I have shed over 180lbs, kept it off for over three years, and put my diabetes in remission. I have been managing a Face Book group serving the Diabetes community. 

I hope there is more conversation/ interaction for us longer term survivors dealing with both grief and healing. Initially, I couldn't imagine dealing with this grief for such a profound loss of my beloved wife, Rose Anne. Life is definitely different. I appreciate all that Marty has given us on this forum and pray there will be more positive, encouraging recovery sharing. - Shalom(Peace)

• Like 8
  • Like Copy 1

Word therapy.  Sometimes it helps to write it, but after you have told it all, it seems too much and I go back and delete.

George, I'm so proud of you for losing 180 pounds.  It is wonderful that you are taking such good care of yourself and still working a job that certainly cannot be easy.  I think that I will pick up my trekking sticks and walk the length of this apartment complex.  I talk myself out of it very easily.

Those still in pain, my heart is with you.  Gwen, I wish for you a semi-normal life, and I say "semi" because I don't think any of us know the meaning of "normal" anymore.

We are all doing okay.  I have a picture of Kelli with the cat asleep on her chest with her back part on her neck.  Kelli is sleeping so good, she does not even know.  That cat is big.  Making Kelli's mind slow down is the hardest thing and that first week after surgery was impossible to keep her still.  I couldn't get them on the phone so I ran over,  (Just checked it and it is 20.8 miles.)  and she was watering her plants.  She was telling me she had to get a large ladder to get that limb down hanging on the roof.  So, seeing her sleeping so soundly was peace for my mind.  If she is awake she wants to be active.  Finally got some sleeping out of her and calming down.  She did not inherit this trait from me or Billy.  Well, I'll quit now.

• Like 4

I know there's not a day go by without your thinking of and missing your Rose Anne...I know because that's how it is with me for my George...I've learned to accept this is just part of my life now.

Marg, your Kelli reminds me of my mom, she never held still.  Never.  If I spent the night with her, she'd be pacing the house at 11, doing this, doing that, never relaxing!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...