Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Am Disgusted To The Core

Yesteray Ed got home before I to find the house was broken into............Gone are some stuff that doesnt mean a whole lot, a gun ,meds..............THEY TOOK MY LAPTOP, WITH ALL OF MIKES PIcS AND THE MEMORY STICK WAS ATTACHED, WITH ALL OF HIS PICS AND ARCHIVED POSTS...................................................................................................................I am broken hearted.........and it was the 14th month anniversary of his death......................................

I am so disgusted that I am sick to my stomach.....I feel like someone has just this scar open again......Dave

Dave,

I can only imagine how you feel I would be broken to say the least, that's been one of my biggest fears since Ruth passed so

I backed all of the laptop up to an external hard drive, and the laptop goes everywhere I do, I have an old one sitting out at the house as a decoy, I would offer a reward at the pawn shops you never know what will happen...my thoughts are with you. :angry2:

NATS

I am so sorry, Dave. Can you post an ad w/reward for return of laptop, no questions asked? I know it seems like rewarding bad behavior, but my goal would first be getting it back.

Do you have an old computer/hard drive laying around that might have some of the same pictures on it? Facebook pictures? Some you've emailed to people that you can retrieve? Picasso? I am just so sorry, that is horrible.

Dave, I am so sorry. Burglary is tough. As I said when you called our home in the country was broken into and they took all my jewelry...some of it being my mom's and some from Saudi Arabia 18k gold, all of Bill's tools including his grandfather's tools. I felt raped. We got one antique clock back that has a 200 year old hand blown glass cover. It is invasive and makes you uneasy for a long time. I am just so sorry and on an anniversary date. I am glad you have Ed to walk this with you. Going to work was a good idea also. and so glad your dog was elsewhere. Ours was loose in the yard when Bill got home that day and Bill knew instantly then that something had happened. Buffy, our dog at the time, never liked strange males after that. So we think they hit him. he was cowering. That was the worst part of the day for me.

I am now in Chicago until Friday but have email with me.

Peace,

Mary

Thought I would let you all know before I leave work and have no computer at home, I made it through the day felt much like the day after he died......lost for the most part with periods of feeling ok.........

My dogs ran away a few months ago and the neighborhood teenager picked them up......makes me wonder if the dogs knew them and let them in to the backyard...and they were able to get into the house.....and they were able to do the unimaginable........think I need to have a talk with their parents, without directly blaming them.......worth a shot also placed an ad on Craigslist pleading to someones sympathies, also plan to make fliers and post in everyones mailbox around the area........very confident it was a nearby job, or they would have taken what could have netted them more $$ I really didnt need anymore pushes to leave the area, the new house closes thurs.......but this situation lets me know I have made the right decision...

I am really tired here and feel that old friend depression returning........but will be ok . Dave

Dear Dave,

The cruelty of this is beyond reason. This is another moment that just angers and frustrates . ARGH.

Harry

dave, I am sorry to hear and disgusted beyond belief, I am so sorry and best on getting any of it back.

A thought - they probably wouldn't return the laptop (worth $) but might return the stick which it sounds like there was a lot of stuff on and the stick itself isn't worth much - post something asking at least to get that back, no questions ask - they could drop it off in the mailbox or even mail it anonymously - explain why it is so valuable as well. Best to you

PS I know this doesn't help now but while we are on the topic, a suggestion to all: email pics/posts/etc to yourself, and/or post on facebook or one of those photo archive places for free (photobucket, snapfish, etc) as a backup.

Yesteray Ed got home before I to find the house was broken into............Gone are some stuff that doesnt mean a whole lot, a gun ,meds..............THEY TOOK MY LAPTOP, WITH ALL OF MIKES PIcS AND THE MEMORY STICK WAS ATTACHED, WITH ALL OF HIS PICS AND ARCHIVED POSTS...................................................................................................................I am broken hearted.........and it was the 14th month anniversary of his death......................................

I am so disgusted that I am sick to my stomach.....I feel like someone has just this scar open again......Dave

I am so very sorry Dave! I don't blame you one bit for feeling this way, I would as well! I wish that I could say more to comfort you. There is a hope that they might find out who has done this awful act and get your things back. Your in my heart as you deal with yet another loss.....

Kimberly

Dave,

I am SO sorry this has happened to you. We were broken into when our terminally ill daughter was alive and I felt so violated. I couldn't have understood that without having gone through it. It happened in 1982 but I still look at the door every time I come home.

I hope they'll be able to recover your things. I can't imagine losing those things too, it's like losing him all over again.

My heart and prayers are with you...

Hugs,

Gail

I really do live in a nice community of 6 homes on our street...this occured on a rare day when everyone was gone in the neighborhood........and of all the things they could have taken....this is the worst.....the neighbors are taking turns checking on the homes of those of those that work during the day...a good idea for who is next?

As you all know and understand.....I have spent 14 months in therapy, just to have this happen......I was hysterical, depressed yesterday, and today not ok but better........feels much like the days after he died...........hope to god it doesnt take 14 months to get back on track again....guess I need to remind myself that I am not the same person I was 14 months ago.......

I was so consumed with my grief over this, that I forgot about Ed ( who has been my rock through all of this ) he also is so upset, blaming himself for not taking the memory stick out of the computer, and reports he is unable to sleep, as he feels so violated that some creep was in our home unannounced....... it will get better....

Mikes sister is rounding up some more pics for me.......but it will not be the same........but it is what it is. I really hate that phrase....but what else to say during a time like this?

Tomorrow the home in the mts closes.....cant wait to get away from the phx area!!!!! I really know this is what I need!! Dave

Dave,

Years ago, George and I were burglarized when we were out for a long walk. I, too, felt it was someone who knew us, our habits, etc. They took our tools, and we had just bought a welder so George and my son could do a father/son project for my son's truck. My son was on leave from the Air Force and we just had that week to do the project. I felt it was someone who knew George had bought the welder or had watched it being delivered and him and my son working with it that first time.

I think what bothered me more than the loss of the things was the effect it had on something dear they were working on together, it interrupted a very special bonding time for them. Grrr! Things like that you can't get back.

Incidentally, they took in two stages, coming back a week later for what they'd left. (We'd found something they'd stashed in the woods behind our place, so they came back for it). Because they did it in stages, it cost us two deductibles, two claims, so we didn't get much from the insurance, if anything.

My pastor acted like it was no big deal, I should just forgive. I'm with Mary, I felt raped. It isn't the things that does the biggest violation, it is what it does to our trust, our feeling of safety, plus the affecting what was supposed to be a special time together (George and Paul).

There are no words to describe that horrible feeling. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.