Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our anniversary

Today would have been fifteen years of marriage.  It's hard to understand how/why others are allowed their marriages while ours was ripped away from us.  We treated each other beyond well, we adored each other and lived for each other.  I won't ask how God could do this because my belief is that stuff just happens, I don't think someone up there had an ulterior motive and decided to ruin our lives.  That would be hard to believe in.  To say life is unfair is an understatement.

When I woke up this morning, I told George, Happy Anniversary.  I hope he hears me and knows how I still feel about him.  Oh god how I hope he knows.

• Upvote 5

I am sorry you woke up this morning without George.  I have only had one anniversary without Mike, but it was hard.  I believe they can hear us.  I hope it brings you comfort that I hear your pain.  It's hard to lose such a special person that we adored and cherished.  I wish I understood why this happens.  I hope you do something nice for yourself, and that you get through today peacefully.  ((((hugs))))))

• Upvote 2

Kay, 

Wishing you comfort today.  Like you, I do not believe that God took your George nor my Deedo.  We are born and we die.  Those are the absolutes.  If we are very fortuneate we find someone like your George to love and to share the journey, no matter how long or brief.

• Upvote 3

Happy anniversary Kay. George knows. You should never worry about that. This day is far too special to go unnoticed by the other half of the couple you are.:wub::wub:

• Upvote 2

Kayce  like you I believe that God has a plan for us though why his plan is to take one person as opposed to another is something only he knows maybe he is sparing them from something worse later down the road, I believe that true love can never die and your George knows you love and miss him how could a soulmate not, I am sure he is right there with you in everything you do today, I am thinking of you today HUGS 

• Upvote 2

Wow, imagine my surprise when I logged in and saw all of the responses from all of you, my family!  Thank you, each of you for your heartfelt thoughts.

I kept super busy today, so as not to think too hard.  Now the evening is settling in and I'm sure plenty of thoughts will come...

Anne, the rain let up a little bit today, tomorrow back to the deluge, I don't think the storm is truly over until the end of this week, although the winds have abated.

• Upvote 3