Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My heart is breaking even more today

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE

On this day, 34 years ago, we started our life together.  Now that you have gone, I miss the life we had and all the dreams and plans for the future not coming true.  Oh sure, we had our hard times, our arguments, but we had many more good times and adventures together.  We wouldn’t stay angry with each other very long and you were always able to make me laugh and feel loved.  I miss you!
     I long for the touch of your hand, your kiss, your hug, your smile, laugh and sense of humor, your wisdom, your support, the comfort from holding your strong hand, the look of love in your eyes, your voice. I miss the way you made me feel loved, safe and content. I still get those butterflies in my stomach when I look at your picture, just like I did when you would come home or when I came home. I do have my memories and am grateful for the time we did have together and you will always be in my heart, my soul, and my mind.  I miss you!
     A part of me died when you did, but I will do my best to honor your life, our life and will keep you in my heart and soul forever.  You are a part of me and I am a part of you and I love you more than words can ever say.  I miss you!
     Happy Anniversary my love and I will see you again!

Scan.jpg

• Upvote 10

I mentioned somewhere that I bought for my Kindle the book Nothing Was the Same by Kay Redfield Jamison.  Your tribute reminded me of her tribute to her late husband.  Yes, for all our life we are them, they are us.  Beautiful picture, so much happiness..  

• Upvote 2

Such a beautiful post ❤️...

I am happy that you have such a great memory for today.

My daughter was born this day 26 yrs ago...she is now a new mommy. My heartstrings tug because grandpa was shortchanged the day his life was cut short and little Eevie doesn't have her grandpa Kevin :-/.

Words seem inadequate... But I hope you have some sunshine in your heart today to commemorate so great a love.

Hugs, Marie

• Upvote 4

Happy anniversary Joyce. Lovely picture indeed and your memories are so heartwarming.

• Upvote 4

Joyce, I wish I knew something to say to ease your pain.  You wrote a beautiful post and I can see the happiness you had with each other in the picture.  I am thinking of you today and wish I could give you a real hug.  I know that feeling of getting butterflies when we look at thier picture.  Makes us miss them more because we can't act on it.  Sometimes I would get this overwhelming feeling of love and go find him and hug him.  He'd say, what was that for?   I'd say because i love you so much.  

• Upvote 5

Joyce, what a beautiful tribute to your husband...happy anniversary to you both.  Looking for the day we can be together again and make up for all of those days we've spent apart.

• Upvote 2

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:35 AM, brat#2 said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE

On this day, 34 years ago, we started our life together.  Now that you have gone, I miss the life we had and all the dreams and plans for the future not coming true.  Oh sure, we had our hard times, our arguments, but we had many more good times and adventures together.  We wouldn’t stay angry with each other very long and you were always able to make me laugh and feel loved.  I miss you!
     I long for the touch of your hand, your kiss, your hug, your smile, laugh and sense of humor, your wisdom, your support, the comfort from holding your strong hand, the look of love in your eyes, your voice. I miss the way you made me feel loved, safe and content. I still get those butterflies in my stomach when I look at your picture, just like I did when you would come home or when I came home. I do have my memories and am grateful for the time we did have together and you will always be in my heart, my soul, and my mind.  I miss you!
     A part of me died when you did, but I will do my best to honor your life, our life and will keep you in my heart and soul forever.  You are a part of me and I am a part of you and I love you more than words can ever say.  I miss you!
     Happy Anniversary my love and I will see you again!

Scan.jpg

Lovely, lovely picture....hugs to you, Cookie

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...