Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Lovely pictures of your family!  You look happy, as always!  We may surpass you in snow if not temperature!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin said:

..it has place of Honor now...( upgraded from Garden).

Kevin: Thank you for sharing the statue.  She is beautiful and deserves that special place of honor in her alcove.  Is the sleigh a part of the statue?  I am asking because it resembles a rattan sleigh that I have had for over 40 years that  holds Christmas cards I receive.   The collection of 50+ angels is amazing.  I have lots, some ornaments and some table top decorations.  Merry Christmas to you and your family.  👼  Dee

• Like 3

Wow and what a perfect spot, made for it!  Enjoy your Christmas, Kevin!  I'm so glad you have someone to share in it with, makes all the difference in the world!

• Like 2

I can't imagine.  I'm cold enough in this old mobile home surrounded by snow, even with the fire going.  41" of snow so far but who's counting!  I've never been in that cold a temperature!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 5:26 AM, kevin said:

All one piece but flowers can be removed from cart......Daughters furnace( my trailer) on the fritz so dropping off back up electric heater once Sun rises....Really cold again -23 F this morning

Oh my gosh, to have your heat go out in THAT!!!  You're a wonderful daddy...

• Like 1

Kevin, I've been in hell for over a month now with all the snow, had a real situation two days ago, all the snowpack on my double carport/shop/storage building came off and dumped, burying both vehicles and the path to my firewood...50 ft of 4 ft high x 6 ft wide of snowpack/ice to shovel!  I got the path to the firewood dug but asked for help on FB, people came and contributed their manpower to get it done!  Getting more today through tomorrow but hopefully not much...however, my place looks like devastation hit it with winds up to 85 mph...going to get more through tomorrow, what a mess!  My spring will be cut out for me...

I hope all is well with your daughter's furnace now...somehow I missed that post when I was out shoveling on Christmas.  Hope all else is well for you and your beloved!

• Like 1

Furnace good for last 5-6 days, and able to control...I went over and shoveled snow against the Trailers  skirting(natural insulation)...We had a big weather break up here , a Chinook of sorts, melting for next few days...I'm sure the worst is behind us, touch Wood..

• Like 3

It got up to 60 yesterday, that's highly unusual in winter here, enjoying it while it lasts!  Still have a lot of snow on my place and it looks like total devastation with limbs everywhere, won't be able to clean it up until Spring but pick up a bit every day, hoping that'll help eventually.

Got my Christmas tree down yesterday morning by 6 am, that was my big achievement.  I miss it though, it was so pretty!  George said I could have left it up until April, true!  The neighbors might have hauled me off though...

Kevin, I hope like me you get a weather break for a while!  We need those breaks!  You're a good dad...

• Like 1

We had close to 60 also.  So now flooding.  Why people live in areas that do this every year I’ll never understand.  Hits the news every year and while it’s so damaging to what it does to homes, it’s difficult for me to empathize.  Kevin and clan are such veterans of that harsh environment.  It’s definitely been a bad few years from the climate change.  I have no idea how I’ll handle another heat wave in the summer if it happens.  Let’s cross our fingers and toes we are spared that.  Tornadoes and gulf storms for other places. 

• Like 2

My sister announced to me it was 28 at her house, it was in the 60s, it hasn't froze all week!  She drives me nuts with her adamance about things, I keep telling my other sisters to take everything with a grain of salt!  With them three hours away and worrying about her, she can make it worse.  She's admitted to exaggerating for effect, but some of it is the dementia.

I am enjoying our weather right now, still too much snow/rain to pick up the tons of branches down.  

I don't know how Canadians do it.  Me neither, Gwen, hoping we do not have such extreme heat this summer, me with no A/C!

• Like 1

Things are better up here ( we have two days of this week of sub Zero)......then normal seasonal....We just got sleet, our roads are rinks, staying put for a few days.....My AC was just great last year.....65 days before I golf(somewhere)

• Like 1

Kevin, I cannot even imagine your temperatures. I would be a popsicle. We are in the 70's here in Az. Of course, the tradeoff is your beautiful scenery. Stay warm!

• Like 2

I'm so glad things are better for you, Kevin!  I can look at pictures of the scenery...minus the cold!!!  Here is cold enough for me!  And I'm never in the sub temps!  Makes me feel guilty for complaining about the cold, it's hardest when waiting on Jazzy & Kodie to play as I'm outside freezing my tail off, at least on our walks I generate heat by moving.

HUGE POSITIVE!!!

Yesterday I called the dermatology office and left a msg wondering when I'll hear the results of the biopsy as I'm very nervous about the C word!  I do NOT want vaginal cancer!  But the growth was so sudden and a pretty good size and she did NOT get it all, also the color was suspicious, derm. even remarked so.  So they called me back, had to find someone to read me the report as my derm. was out and so was her assistant.  It is benign!!!  I called my sister and George and let my prayer group know.  Got to share my news with Iris last night.  She hadn't known I was worried.  It didn't hit until I felt noticeable relief, it felt like a huge weight lifted!

• Like 4

Absolutely great news, Kay!  I’m so relieved for you!  You’ve had so much to deal with.   🌟 🌟 ☀️🌹

Stay warm.  Seems the colder it is, the longer our fur babies want to play.  If only our lives could be like that!  

• Like 2

A picnic is I the snow?  I guess that’s how we’ve always said.  Here, if you don’t do it in the rain, you’ll do nothing nothing at all.

Congratulations on your new family member!  🐕‍🦺🐩

• Like 1

Thank you for the well wishes...hurting but relieved!

Kevin, can't wait to see your GF's pup!!  What kind?

• Like 1