Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Thanks to all of you, got married Saturday and it was great...It was a blended Family party for sure....Will post pics in a couple of days...Guests left yesterday and today...Just relaxing now....Lots of work for a 70 year old, but so worth while...My two flower girls went on for 6 hours, pedals down, pick them up, do it again, and again...it was so good...Sisters, Sons, grandkids, great grand kids, and Friends( new and Old)

• Like 4

Wow!  Great and radiant pictures!  Whose is the six year old?  I wish you the best in your life together, may it be long and happy!

• Like 4

The much photographed  one is Great granddaughter Bailey, the smaller one in the Burgundy fairy dress is 3 year old Great granddaughter, and Atlas(5 years) was my ring bearer....All our kids and Grand kids were there except the Military family stationed in the East.........Still on the wind down, great weekend

• Like 4

Enjoy your family, Kevin!  So glad for you!

• Like 2

And a beautiful bride and wedding party they all are!  And you....you look every bit the radiant husband!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful!  I love the first one and the one with the smiling woman (:P) in it!  Thank you for sharing these with us, they don't even look real, esp. the last one, it looks like a painting!

• Like 2

Congratulations Kevin and new bride.  I kind of like Louisiana temperatures.  Anything at -20 would kill me.  It is October 7th, 2022, and at 4:00 p.m. it is 85 degrees.  Like it a small bit cooler, but not too much.  But, you live in a beautiful land and we are just flatlanders, barefoot in crawdad mud.  

• Like 1

I positively was looking for Atlas.  What a handsome young man he is becoming.  Love his name.  I hope you will have many years of happiness.  I think I would make a lot of snow ice cream in Canada.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Marg I could use a shot of your 85F weather.. Winter is here, kids got out trick or treating on Monday, then K Bang, sub Freezing everyday and night since....Dog not keen on snow at all...Otherwise pretty good.....

• Like 3

We're getting it tonight on, as far as they predict.  With a windstorm coming this afternoon through tomorrow night, I'm doing laundry, cooking, getting wood in, to be ready in case power goes out.

• Like 2

We had massive winds last night and lots of power bumps.  About 200,000 people have no power today.  I am SO grateful we do.  Can’t run around dragging out candles like I did.  Also don’t light the fireplace ones so I wasn’t plunged into darkness.  I hate how quiet the house gets too.  I bet people in the old west would be driven crazy by regular household noise we don’t even realize we hear.

• Like 2

It is 65 degrees at 3:00 p.m.  Last night was terror for the area we call the ArkLaTex.  It is a corner area of all three states and there was bad weather, hail, winds and tornadoes.  I didn't lose my electricity, but my kids lost theirs.  Still not back on.  We had one of our toughest tornadoes one year around Christmas time.  Our hot air meeting the cold air causes a lot of damages.  We have sirens, we have weather radios, but in this country it cannot be a direct prediction and because of the flatland, water levels, we can't have much protection.  Not as bad as a hurricane, even a predicted one, so we have dangers besides freezing temperatures.  Then when we do have the winter weather, sometimes it can be tough, except for the snow ice cream.  It was Billy's favorite kind of ice cream, in Arkansas we usually made it every winter.  Not so in Louisiana.  

• Like 1

I feel so blessed to have electricity this morning, it remains to be seen what branches I have to pick up today/tomorrow.  Of course it's only 3:15 am.  Woke up at 2, after sleeping seven hours.  It'll be a bit of an adjustment to my internal clock to get used to the time change.  We had winds and it poured rain here.  Snow coming.

• Like 2