Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Birthday, my love

Today is Dale's birthday.  It should be a day to be celebrating, but I'm not, he's not here and that hurts so deeply.  I truly miss EVERYTHING about him and if I could have one wish....it would be that he was here to celebrate with me.  I love you Dale and always will, you are my heart and soul. 

Joyce

• Upvote 7

Happy birthday to Dale Joyce. I know it's hard but it's a day to celebrate anyway for had he not been born, he would never have met you.:wub:

• Upvote 7

Joyce,

You're in my thoughts too, Joyce.  It's hard to know what to do about their birthdays, how to feel, what to think.  We're in a quandary, it's always been a special day to us but what do we do with it when they're gone?  I usually did something to honor George, maybe release balloons, eat something he loved, walk where we used to take walks, or just talk to him.  However you spend the day, he knows you love him.

• Upvote 3

Hi Joyce,

I know how you feel.  August 11th is my Daniel's birthday too.  He would have turned 38 yesterday. It makes me so frustrated that we didn't get more time.  I know that is selfish but it's how I feel.

Amy

• Upvote 2

No way is that selfish! Dismiss that thought! My George died right after he turned 51, of COURSE I wanted more time with him!  They would have wanted more time with us too!

• Upvote 3

Today is my birthday.  Daniel and I had birthdays only a few days apart and within a few weeks of our anniversary.  We always used to plan a big trip around this time to celebrate all three occasions together.  I spent the day doing nothing special, but did go have dinner with my family which was nice.

• Upvote 5

Amy,

Happy belated birthday!  Being with family is what I enjoy most, hope it was happy!

• Upvote 1

Sorry your birthday slipped past me Amy but happy birthday late as I am. This month has to be hard but I am glad your family helped soften your day. 

• Upvote 1

Happy birthday, Amy. 

I enjoy reading your posts and your blog as you share your heart.  My wife and my birthday's are only a week apart and we met in the same month so understand well the depth of emotions and grief.  We would celebrate the entire week with each other.  Now it is different.  This year cooked and ate one of her favorite meals and watched a funny movie that we laughed together with.

Today is eighteen months since my wife died and it is a bittersweet day. I miss her and us.  - Shalom

• Upvote 5

George,

I completely understand what you mean by bittersweet.  We were blessed with so many amazing memories of our loves.  Reliving them can be a balm but also highlights what's missing.  Sometimes that's the best we can do. 

My 18 months hit in July and was a time of great reflection for me.   I'm still working out what to do with the rest of my life and how to live in a way that honors those memories.  My wish for you is that today isn't too difficult and that you find moments of peace in the amazing memories you built with your beloved.

Your friend,

Amy

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 0:26 AM, Dew's Girl said:

Today is my birthday.

Dear Amy.....a very belated best birthday greeting!  Like you, my birthday, our anniversary, and Connor's birthday were all close together......we "lumped them up" and did a getaway together....and planned to every year.  This will always be so very hard, as well you know.  Thanks for your posts, both here and on your blog....your blog is wonderful, and a beautiful testament to the great love that you and your Daniel shared!

• Upvote 2