Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shock and Awe after 1 year

3 minutes ago, mittam99 said:

Too bad I wasn't your mechanic back then. I guess your guys didn't know that AMC put in an "On/Off" switch that would activate on high speed bumps. :lol: Yeah the Pacer was a classic. :huh:

Yeah, that was too bad, it did love that car. :D

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, mittam99 said:

Funny you mention the Pacer. A week ago or so, I was talking to Kay about odd cars from back in the day and I mentioned how weird looking that Pacer was. Looking at it now I guess you could say it's "retro cute". :lol:

amc_pacer_dl_79_05-880x576.jpg

Hey, I like it!  But then I liked the Gremlin! :D

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, iPraiseHim said:

It is still extremely hot and humid and will be all week.  I was thinking about going for a walk but it is just too hot for that.

It's 104 here today (way past their predictions) and I enjoy the morning walk but oh do I hate having to take Arlie out later on!  Am still trying to figure out when to brave it...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Widowedbysuicide said:

A Pacer... really?  I figured you for a Buick LeSabre, stylish - conservative - lots of go with good economy :) 

George, where do you shop?  Wow, you can't get much better than that!

I was being funny. I actually just bought a 1994 Buick Park Ave.  It reminded me of when I helped my wife buy her favorite car, a 1989 Buick Park Ave.  I helped her negotiate a super deal and the car lasted for twenty years.

It's just not the same now because we would always hold hands in the car. I am conservative. I just need to lose some of the extra luggage.

I shopped at Wal-Mart neighborhood center. They are smaller than the Super Wal-Marts.  I also shop at Food Lion, and Farm Fresh for the best deals. 

• Upvote 3

18 months ago, my beloved wife passed away.  It seems strange to be so long ago when it just seems like a few months ago.  I was thinking of doing a progress report but I'm too tired to evaluate at this point.  Tomorrow is another day on this journey.  - Shalom

• Upvote 3

I remember my grandmother writing at 18 years that it was like the first day.  Well guys and girls, that did not do me any good at all.  I did quit counting weeks.  I'm sorry ya'll, lots more grieving to do.  Hugs to all of you.

• Upvote 4

I was thinking about writing about what I have learned through this grieving process and then I was surprised this morning by FaceBook. 

FACEBOOK is a place where people become your friends by "<LIKING>" you. another feature about Facebook is that it brings up memory posts from the past.  The one yesterday floored me. It reminded me of a blog post article I wrote seven years ago about death.  I forgot I even wrote it and posted it. 

Now I'm thinking about posting a PART Four that will include the death of my precious wife 18 months ago.

Life can definitely throw you some surprises.  I am contemplating sharing the blog link here for those who may be interested. (Christian views will be expressed) 

This week has been surreal in many respects.  - Shalom

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

A hurricane is headed my way.  I need to work tomorrow and pray everything will be safe. I pray everyone here will be safe no matter what storms enter your life.  - Shalom

• Upvote 1

I have not looked at news or weather.  I hate politics but I am going to turn on the TV in back bedroom.  Bri does not watch current events.  She hates all the war and killing.  Sometimes I would like to save her from it all, but it is part of living too.  We have some in Florida also.  George, you all be careful.  We have had so much destruction in North Louisiana, Central and South Louisiana now too.  Be safe.  

• Upvote 2

George, I hope you will wait out the storm and not go out in it if it arrives.  Your safety is so much more important and I can't imagine a client that would want you to risk your life all for something that will need done again next week.  Maybe you could make it up this weekend?  Praying for you, dear friend...

• Upvote 2

I will check the weather before I leave for work tomorrow.  I'm on the east coast of Virginia, near Virginia Beach. We expect rains but the winds won't hit us until Saturday morning and it could turn or blow out before it reaches us.I'm about 20 miles west of the oceanfront and it is not prone to flooding.  My biggest concern is my garage door that needs repair.  The bottom section is weak.  I have a car bracing one side of the two-car garage.  I will be careful.  I don't take unnecessary risks.  Thank you for your prayers. - Shalom

• Upvote 4

George I hope you stay safe. My son and his family are in Norfolk and I will check on them today. It looks like an awful lot of rain heading your way alright.

• Upvote 2

No rain today til I got home around 5 pm.  No work scheduled for the next three days. We are expecting rain and some winds so  I'll just stay home. My Dad and sister live in Norfolk close to Oceanview and they are staying home for the next few days. Thank you for your prayers and hugs. - Shalom

• Upvote 4

I'm glad to hear you're home, George, and I pray your home doesn't sustain any damage.

• Upvote 2

The storm has passed us. My Dad, Sister/BIL, and I are all safe with no wind or water damage.  We are blessed. Thank you for your prayers and love.  - Shalom

• Upvote 4

Oh thank you, God!  I realized as I exhaled my breath, that I had been very concerned for you and your dad, so glad it's passed!!!

• Upvote 1