Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Honoring Kay's George

Kay dear, me and my family are praying for you as tomorrow approaches.  We are going to church in the morning.  I will light a candle and say a prayer that your George be with you as you grieve.  And I've got a candle burning at home here for you.  You are loved.  

Butch and family.  

• Upvote 7

I've talked to Kay on the phone quite a bit and her love for George has no boundaries. Their time together, although nowhere near as long as they wished, was magical for both of them

Kay, you are in my thoughts, and I wish you a sense of peace as you remember George and that awful day 11 years ago.  

• Upvote 8

You guys make me cry (but in a good way)!  You never know how the day will go until you're there, so I'll hope for the best.  At least it'll start out busy, it'll slow down later in the day and then I'll have time to think.

• Upvote 4

Kay,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow as you pass through this day of bad memories. There are so many days each of us would like to erase

• Upvote 4

You all bring me to tears.  My sister didn't even remember when George died, argued with me about it.  Seriously?  Like I"D forget?!  At least I have this family.  Hugs  back to all of you!

• Upvote 6

Thinking of you dear friend.  We've got a candle burning for George and you.  Also lit one in church this morn.  Many prayers for you.  

image.jpg

Love,

Butch, Allen, Katie, Noah, Caleb, and Gracie.  ❤️

• Upvote 4

I guess the old adage that you can't understand unless you've been there, really rings true.  No calls today, except my son returning my call to wish him a Happy Father's Day.  No one remembered, except all of you.  It's so weird, the most impacting day of my life, note I don't say most important, the most important would be the day I met him, the day we married, and of course when I had my kids.

After being on my feet 18 hours on a marble floor yesterday, I came home from church this afternoon and did what I needed to do, and then just slept!  I didn't wake up until Arlie woke me up at 7:30, and had to check my clock to see if it was am or pm.  

The church having "Pies for the Guys" really made me think of George, he loved that.  My thoughts are always on him so I guess why should today be any different.  I tried not to go there to the place when I lost him, it's a horrid memory of the worst day of my life.

• Upvote 5

Yes, KayC. I am trying to dwell on the good times and memories instead of that shocking break in my world the day my wife departed this abode. It is amazing that the world doesn't seem to notice that our most precious love is not here but then I realize Rose Anne meant more to me than the world so why would it be any different now!

You are blazing the path of those who are following you on this grief journey through life.  Thanks for the beacon of hope for us.  Shalom - George:wub:   

• Upvote 4

I brought it up to his best friend yesterday and he inquired as to who I was talking about!  Seriously?  How can a best friend forget when he died on Father's Day?!  I guess I'm the only one that truly remembers 11 years later, but of course I would, he was everything to me!

• Upvote 4