Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Butch asked me to update here...
Gracie has declined. She doesn't seem to be responding to the antibiotics they have her on.  Her breathing got so bad today they intubated her to protect her airway and give her lung rest from trying to work with pneumonia.  Her temp is 102.  She's very listless.  They have done different antibiotics now hoping they help.  Plz update the group if you have time.  I have the boys and its homework time before a movie and bed. 

Butch, she's in our prayers, so are you, Buddy. This is hard on all of you, sending up positive thoughts of healing for our little Gracie.

• Upvote 2

They have her on three different antibiotics now...praying it does the job!

• Upvote 1

Thank you Kay. I trust you will let Butch know how much we are pulling for Gracie and care about him.

• Upvote 5

I haven't heard from Butch in a couple of days, just wrote to him again...keep Gracie in prayer!

• Upvote 1

Gracie girl is not responding to the antibiotics because they've determined it's viral not bacterial.  Her temp is still up and she's not breathing on her own.  She's on antibiotics anyway.  As a precaution.  She's been through so so much in less than eight months of life.  My heart is broken at the moment.  Prayer is the only thing that will get her through.  She will be eight months on the 29th and we all want her back.  

• Upvote 3

Oh Butch I'm so sorry to hear that. We will continue to pray for Gracie and you and your family as well.

• Upvote 2

A glimmer of hope, she's wakened and wiggling, breathing on her own a bit, although they're keeping the tubes in. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR HER!   She's not out of the woods yet.

• Upvote 3