Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Piled on grief.

I don't know where to put this.  I'm overwhelmed.  Firstly one of my good friends of more than 25 years passed on from a massive heart attack last week.  His wife is lost.  

Then this morning I went to my parents home.  (As some of you may know my mom passed on a few months back).  I found my Dad unresponsive on the sofa this morning.  I tried to revive him as did paramedics on scene but he was pronounced dead at the hospital.  He probably had a stroke or heart attack.  I know that doesn't matter.  He died of a broken heart because he missed my mom.  

I'm feeling things all over again missing my Mary because of the events of the past five days.  Grief upon grief is horrible.  It all brings back my grief for Mary.  My best friend.  My soul mate.  My love.  My everything.  She should still be here.  

I'm lost and hurting.  :(

• Upvote 3

I don't know what to say that could possibly help.  A friend and parent within a week?  These are times I want to scream at something asking WHY?   I'm so sorry you have to thru this and pull open the wound of losing Mary.  I know our first reaction to these things is to take solace in our partners and that has been stolen from us.  I echo Joyce because words elude me.

• Upvote 3

Thank you ladies. 

Im pretty speechless as well.  

I've got to make arrangements for my Dad.  I've got to take care of the home mom and dad lived in.  A sacred place for me and for my Mary and my son and grandsons.  

I so want to turn to my loving wife.  I can only try to feel her with me.  It sucks.  All of it.  I came home to an alone home.  The kids were here a while.  But they went home.  

• Upvote 2

I am so sorry for what you are going through my heart goes out to you I don't know how I would cope with another lost right now and you have had three since Mary  I know your Mary is with you though her spirit is with you, she knows all you are going through I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you are given the strength you need during these hard times

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, R.Everit55 said:

I don't know where to put this.  I'm overwhelmed.  Firstly one of my good friends of more than 25 years passed on from a massive heart attack last week.  His wife is lost.  

Then this morning I went to my parents home.  (As some of you may know my mom passed on a few months back).  I found my Dad unresponsive on the sofa this morning.  I tried to revive him as did paramedics on scene but he was pronounced dead at the hospital.  He probably had a stroke or heart attack.  I know that doesn't matter.  He died of a broken heart because he missed my mom.  

I'm feeling things all over again missing my Mary because of the events of the past five days.  Grief upon grief is horrible.  It all brings back my grief for Mary.  My best friend.  My soul mate.  My love.  My everything.  She should still be here.  

I'm lost and hurting.  :(

My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you daily.  You have been through so much already.  I too am at a loss for words. 

I pray the Lord will hold you and keep you. Today's sermon was on Psalm 34.  I find my comfort in Christ and his promises.  Cast all of your cares upon Him for he cares for you.  -  Shalom

• Upvote 4

Butch,

So, so sorry for another loss!   I remember that picture of your Mom with Gracie.  Was not that long ago.  I am sure your dad did die of a broken heart.  Take good care of yourself and allow others to help you.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gin

• Upvote 4

Thank you all.  I took a Xanax so I hope I can sleep some.  It's hard when I want my bride beside me to hold me and to hold.  I don't like taking the Xanax but I think I need the help.  

• Upvote 5

image.jpeg

this is the face that wrapped her arms around me this afternoon that warmed my lost and hurt heart.  This pic was taken the other day.  She has my heart.  ❤️

• Upvote 9

Butch, I'm so sorry for all that has happened. I know it must feel like you're being "tested" somehow. As others have said, sadly, no words are enough to comfort you from these sudden losses. 

Keep little Gracie close to your heart.

You're in my thoughts and my prayers.

Mitch

• Upvote 5

Butch I am so sorry to hear this. Gracie does indeed have your heart. One day she will understand just how much that meant to you.

• Upvote 5

All I can do is repeat what others have already said, Butch. No words. First your friend and now your dad. You are in my prayers. Gracie is so sweet. I love that picture. I know how much you miss Mary. 

• Upvote 4

Butch, I am so sorry.  Family is what helps us get through, and of course not having our soulmates by our side when we lose loved ones compounds the grief.  I'm sure your wife is with you and that you are surrounded by angels.  I really hope you find peace.  I will be thinking of you.  sending love...

• Upvote 3

Dear Butch, I can only echo the others.......my heartfelt sympathies and prayers go out to you. My brother, mom, and husband all died within months of each other......you DO feel as if you cannot withstand the multiple blows, especially without your beloved mate at your side!  Please be extra good to yourself....take care of you....and know that your Mary IS with you, in spirit, I am certain!

• Upvote 3

Butch,

I'm sorry I was gone all day yesterday and am getting here so late.  It must have been horrible to be the one finding him, and to be alone through it.  Gwen is right, losing your dad and your friend this week rips open the wound of losing Mary...it seems grief piles upon grief.  With each new one brings back the old one.  You can see from this thread how many people care about you here.  It doesn't change your circumstances, but I hope it brings you comfort as you know you're not facing this alone.  Come here and vent any time.  We'll arrive on the scene and be here to listen.  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 6

On 9/4/2016 at 3:55 PM, R.Everit55 said:

He died of a broken heart because he missed my mom.  

Butch, I am so sorry.  I  have lost people from my life and I grieved for them.  Then I lost my mama on the 9th of August.  I did not grieve.  I sat with her body and tried to close her eyes.  It is strange not to grieve for my  mom, but I lost her so long ago when her mind left her.  She used to recite poems to me along with fairy tales.  She was the one who made my mystical, magical imagination and when she passed, all I could think of was that Billy had left me.  Instead of grieving my mom, I have grieved Billy more.

She used to recite a poem from Joyce Kilmer called "The House With Nobody in it."  I have felt like that poem all year.  More so now than ever.  Grief is very strange, my mom passing made me grieve Billy more, if that is possible.

Yes, I truly believe your dad died of a broken heart.  I am glad you have little Gracie as your heart.  Our granddaughter was Billy's heart, and I have that part of him with me.  I doubt if any of our death certificates would indicate that we died of a broken heart, but I think we all feel that way.  

• Upvote 3

Dear Butch,

I am just beginning to try and catch up on posts.  I am so very sorry for your losses.  I do believe when you say that your dad died from a broken heart.  I know also the shock and numbness that comes from witnessing and trying to save them.  I know there are no words that can even touch your hurt, but know that we all care about you and hope you are doing everything to be kind to yourself.  I have learned recently that taking care of ourselves has to be top priority.  Sending you hugs across the wires,

Maryann

• Upvote 2